Visits

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

A New Friend

I met a charming woman today at Starbucks, my usual morning haunt. Actually, I've met her before, but not formally. We had simply exchanged a smile or a nod, and I thought Gosh, I'd like to know that girl better.

Like many Indonesian people, she is very open and friendly, full of smiles and grace--eager to succeed, eager to learn, eager to connect. And very pretty, too. 

Unfortunately, she has a boyfriend. Lol. (Well, also, unfortunately, I'm old. I keep forgetting that).  

Ah, but it's good to have a new friend, someone to chat with and learn from. The more people one talks with, the more able he becomes in language comprehension, and the brighter are his days in general. I spent most of my life being not a very social person. I'm trying to learn new habits before it's too late:)








No comments: